A good set of headphones?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Haelix, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Haelix

Dec 7, 2000
    I was checking out some of the SennHeiser 'phones, but since they are kinda pricy, I wanted to get a second opinion. Can anyone reccommend a good set of headphones with nice low-end sound?
  2. i own a pair of sennheiser HD490's there a good price and depending on where u libe u'll get a good deal, i live in england and got them for £35 when they should have been £50 there very well made and unlike alot of the sennheiser there very light weight and comfortable at the same time, they've got a good honest reproduction in sound, very little colouring, mayby slight warmer and they cope with the bass frquencies better than some i've tried,,
    your gonna get loads of different opinions

if you want to get good advice go to

i got mine for my minidisc and they work very well for my bass

the best advice will come from the guys there cos they know the audio equipment !!

but my best advice is: if your not too sure go to a good audio centre and try them all, everyone with different genres of music not, the very best of level 42 cos that's what the have in , try different sound conditions and where them for a bit,, but like u have found the sennheisers and grado's of this world do what they do the best

hopt that helps
  3. Haelix

Dec 7, 2000
    Thanks man,
    Actually, that's almost exactly what I did. I went down to the sweet music store near, and tried on almost every pair on the shelf. I ended up getting a pair of
    Audio Technica D40's, because they are deliberately bumped up in the bass end, and I liked the sound way better than any other the had in stock (or the other store either)

Thanks for the help, now I only have to wear them all day to make sure the fit works for extended wear time. :D