Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A good setup for $500?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by =w=Bassist, Jun 4, 2004.

1. =w=Bassist

=w=Bassist

May 22, 2004
    My dad had a guy at work tell him he was selling his bass setup and asked if i wanted to buy (he has talked to me play before so he knew i played).
    my dad him write it down
    and its an Orange AD200B Bass Head
    with two Orange 4X10 Bass Cabinets
    for $500 my dad said that he'd buy it for me now if i payed him back, but i dunno if its a good deal the guy said they were fairly new, but i have yet to be able to find any good info on orange amps.
    Should i make the Purchase or not?
    ~thanks~ :help: :help:

2. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    buy it NOW

AWSOME PRICE ('bout $1500 for the head alone)
    all tube head
    pretty loud amp
    ...and you know you will not get ripped off because its your dads co-worker

if not for the guy being your dads co-worker, the deal would sound (or smell) fishy...

3. josh_m

josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    If you get it and don't like it and I had the money I'd give you $1000 for it easily, I know one person who owns an Orange set up and I love it, iI admire his tone so much (I know it's not the bass because its a stock MIM J.)

4. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Jump on it NOW! Why can't I ever find deals like that? :crying:

5. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    On Harmony Central, the review for the head said it cost 1950 euros. So that's probably around 2100 US? Not sure the conversion, but I'm pretty sure euros are worth more than the USD. And with the two 4x10's... wow. That is amazing. So yeah... get it and tell us how it sounds! I've never heard of Orange before...

6. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    lucky son of a ...*walks away mumbling*

7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Pricing

AD200B
    200 watt Custom bass head (Hand wired point to point)
    $1999

OBC410
    4X10 Loaded with 4 Eminence 10" Speakers
    $1099

8. Chronosx65x

Chronosx65x

May 27, 2004
    Milwaukee,Wi.
    $500? hmmm, looks like we found some of sonic youths stolen gear. book 'em dano!

9. You know that story of a guy who finds a pre-WWII Martin in a pawn shop for $10? ....... I hate him too.