A good slap bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shandon, Sep 2, 2002.

1. I own a Ibanez Soundgear and I'm not going to settle for it's slap playability and I planned on getting new bass for under a grand, any advice?
  2. I would say either a Stingray or an Lakland Skyline 55-01 would be a good bet. I like the slap tone of a good J bass a lot as well. One of the Geddy Lee signatures with a J-retro preamp would be a killer slap machine.

3. A nice used 'ray or sterling with a maple board and some TI Powerbass strings are just heavenly for slap.
  4. Sting Ray, the slap/funk machine. Although the Jazz bass is THE original slapmaster.
  5. As member Chris_Brunhaver stated above, the Geddy Lee Fender Jazz Bass is an excellent slap-playing machine. i've owned one for only a few months, but I like it. It definately gets the job done. Try one out at a local music store. then take it to the counter and buy it. you'll be glad you did!
  6. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Ibanez BTB5 string and of course the Spector CRFM 5 is super for slap and has great tone.
  7. Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    lakland skyline, fender jazz, warwick, and specter are great for slapping (IMO)
  8. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Ash jazzes with preamps and my hanie are some of my favs.
  9. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    One letter will sum up everything nicely: J