1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A good SMALL rig?? ( pjb 4b & gk backline 600)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mixi, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Mixi

Mixi

Apr 9, 2007
  2. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    New Jersey
    I have been answering a lot of PM's about the 4b so I guess I will chime in here.

These cabs aren't for everybody. Each one is about equivalent to a decent 1x10 but at the same time are slightly bigger and heavier than the average 1x10. The low b does sounds very nice amazingly enough. With the right power (I can't comment on the GK) there is enough volume to do some trio/quartet jazz work, but I am not so sure about doing small rock venues.

The cab is definitely fitting my current needs in sound and volume, but my current needs are very light. I really like the sound and its fun having a unique cab like this, but I would reccomend buying from a place with a trial period to make sure you like it.

3. raebasso

raebasso

Jul 26, 2007
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I've been doing this type of gig for a few years now, and I've been using an SWR 350x and Goliath Jr. III (8ohm). I'm toying with replacing the cab with a Schroeder 10+ (4 ohm). I'll be trying one out hopefully next week. At about 20 lbs., it may be hard to beat. Anyone else tried this little guy yet?

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I like the 4B quite well, but I have no real experience with that particular head.

Tom.

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    maybe a good 112 might do the trick for about the same weight??

how much is the 4B?? pricewise??