1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A good word for Pirastro Jazzers.

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by peri75, Oct 21, 2010.

1. peri75

peri75

Sep 26, 2009
    Athens , Greece
    I just feel that these strings are really good,they've been on my bass for 8 months now and they're showing a lot of character.They have a strong presence,they're not as bright as the spirocores and they are loud.
    Tension wise they feel like the spirocore reds(medium) or the superflexibles.They also have a very warm quality in their sound and the g string sings.
    What made an impression on me when i first put them on my bass (fully carved czech bass made in 2002) was that they had i much more solid feel compared to the thomastiks i had so far tried(Spirocores light and medium,superflexibles).I cant really describe it very well,it's just that,they felt like a stronger string somehow.They feel like they have more "meat" to their sound.
    Another positive thing is that they seem to have great endurance,the overall tone has not declined yet.I had some sort of red-brown spots appearing on the spirocores( not on the superflexibles though) and I didn't really like that.
    Overall,I'm very pleased with these strings and I felt like sharing it with you guys.
    Here is a link to a sound sample of me playing these strings,I hope this post has been of some help.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZWExPmVQYw