1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A great experience with Philip Kubicki LLC!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hongkongprof, Apr 11, 2015.

1. hongkongprof

hongkongprof

Mar 21, 2014
    Guys, I want to report on a great experience with Philip Kubicki LLC (makers and servicers of the famous Kubicki Ex Factor, Key Factor, etc. basses), designed by the late Philip Kubicki. I recently purchased a Kubicki Ex Factor made in 1995 (obviously used, and long out of warranty). When trying to adjust the bridge, I discovered that some key parts were galled and would not properly adjust. I contacted Philip Kubicki LLC and asked for advice. Not only did their tech contact me within 24 hours, but he showed genuine interest in the problem, which apparently had not been seen before. He advised me on some possible fixes, and provided documentation of the bridge assembly to help. When my efforts to fix the problem were unsuccessful, he referred me to a customer service representative, who not only promptly airmailed me the needed replacement parts (I'm in Hong Kong), but also requested that I send in the failed parts so that they could examine them to determine the cause of the malfunction, in order to improve the product and avoid possible recurrences in the future. Keep in mind that they did this for a bass sold 20 years ago, and for an end-user (me) far down the chain of ownership. The new parts are now installed, the problem is fixed, and I'm a very happy Ex Factor owner. This kind of after-sales support, and genuine interest in both the product and the user, are rare. Thank you, Philip Kubicki LLC. May your tribe increase!

2. guitardr

guitardr

Jan 28, 2013
    You are welcome!

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  3. albass69

albass69

Dec 20, 2010
    acapulco
    he was always very helpful with customers rip phil

4. bassteacher99

bassteacher99