Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A great Ristola 4 string on the Bay!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emjazz, Jul 28, 2005.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hey all. I just found this on ebay so I figuered I'd give a head's up on this great bass. I've played this one in my buddy's shop and it's one of my favorite basses that Brian Ristola has built. It has a great big warm sound from the single pickup as well as one of my favorite preamps, a Demeter 3 band. If you don't know about Brian's work than check out www.ristolainstruments.com. I love this bass but it has 2 less strings than I prefer. I have nothing to gain from this, I just really like Brian Ristola's basses and am always trying to hip others to his work. Check it out.

2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    This is a really nice bass! The Demeter preamp sounds awesome with the Bartolini pickup. It doesn't have the usual Bart sound - although I love the usual sound - this bass's voice is bright and crisp, deep and much more "hi fi" seeming then the more vintage sounding tone most Bart equipped instruments have. Of course you can EQ that to your liking. No, it's not mine either, I just had the chance to play it.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Cool, I see a couple of people bid on this beauty. Any TB'rs?