Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a great warwick deal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rus115, Apr 28, 2002.

1. rus115

rus115

Feb 10, 2002
    USA
    Hey i was just looking at www.musiciansfriend.com and i saw they had a Streamer Standard 5 with one pickup for only $399. I just bought a new bass for around the same price and im comming up on some quick money and im thinking about buying the warwick too, do you think this is a awesome deal i shouldn't pass up? This isnt one of the Rockbass models either its a real streamer standard.

2. it is a good deal but id spend the extra money on the 2 pickup version. I have the 2 pickup 4 string model.

3. rus115

rus115

Feb 10, 2002
    USA
    the 2 pickup model is $699, i dont want to pay 300 more for a pickup

4. well in that case go for it

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Sounds like a pretty good deal, if you are into those basses. I'd go for it if I was.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    have you ever played a Streamer standard? Many people have been dissapointed about these basses. A friend of mine has one... its ok.. If you want the "warwick" sound.. you may want to grab something else...

just my 2cents

7. rus115

rus115

Feb 10, 2002
    USA
    haha well im afraid the "warwick sound" that comes from the streamer stage I and II's is a wee bit too expensive for me, I just want a bass i can get a good slap tone and midrange growl out of, as opposed to the low end of my Ibanez sr640

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    well.. I wouldn't buy a warwick STD unless I had played on first. I have seen some lemons. How much are you looking to spend? You can get a nice MTD kingston for around $400-500.. the kingston is one heck of a bass IMO