A guitarist is starting to annoy me

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by zeppfan90, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Jun 3, 2012
    Seattle
    Most gui****s think that all bass players took it up because they couldn't play guitar worth a c*@p. While that may be true in some cases the truth is that a good bassist is usually a better all around musician. You'll get there.

2. xk49w

xk49w Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    You: "That's great, thanks a bunch but I can't do that."
    He: "Why not?"
    You: [reaches for coffee cup - takes sip - shrugs] "I'm busy".

3. The best way is just confronting the person. It's not fun, but it's the best way to get across your point and hearing his side. Through emails or comments, that just allows people to stew and ponder how to respond aggressively, passive-aggressively, or not at all.

Meanwhile, probably on some obscure Guitar Forum there is a guitarist complaining how much a bassist friend doesn't appreciate his offers of help.

4. I can teach you how to deal with that gui****. Just let me know if you need help in that department....

5. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Do the same to him. Tell everybody you showed him everything he knows.

6. madmarvin

madmarvin

Mar 7, 2005
    Ontario, NY
    Wow this seems overly complicated.

Next time he says he taught you everything say no you didn't and leave it at that.

If he posts on your vids and says he can help just say no thanks I got it... Everytime he does. He'll get the hint.

Don't make this too complicated, he probably doesn't even know it's pissing you off and when he finds out it is will feel bad and stop. Most people are reasonable.

7. Helaskold

Helaskold 100% Mediocre

Jul 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Don't respond at all. Seriously. Let him comment and then that be it... everyone will think he looks desperate for approval. It's even funnier in real life. Just completely stonewall him and laugh about it later. He will get the message VERY quickly.

8. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Inactive

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    1) drive him out to the desert
    2) drive back alone.
    :beaver:

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  9. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Here's another tilt. Maybe he really likes you and is taking a fatherly approach and is happy with what he preceives to be your progress and is proud of it. Yeah, it can be annoying, but just buy the guy a beer and talk it out. Don't be confrontational or whiney, just tell him you appreciate what he has done, but you don't appreciate the overbearing in public comments. If he's a good guy, you will get an apology. If not, move on.

10. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    Here's your FB post next time heels that crap:

"I keep working on trying to teach you modesty but I see my attempts are as good as your 'lessons' have been for me."

That should shut it down right quick.

11. madmarvin

madmarvin

Mar 7, 2005
    Ontario, NY
    Honestly that sounds like a complete jackass thing to say.

Just be direct instead of some kind of wimpy passive aggressive bs. Unless he actually has been giving him lessons in modesty.

12. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    I've been known to be a jackass at times...

13. Eric66

Eric66

Sep 23, 2013
    The Netherlands
    ^^this^^.
    Tell him in person how you feel.

14. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    Just block him on FB life is too short to deal with nonsense like that.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021