Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A guitarist's talkbass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Jan 12, 2003.

1. what is the guiatrist equivalent of talkbass? i have been wanting to "get into" guitar more recently and i would like to know if any of you knwo of a guitar version of talkbass?

thank you

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there's a site that's mostly geared towards ibanez guitar players but also guitarists in general called www.jemsite.com that's pretty cool.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    no such thing dude :(

there may be close ones but the level of organization and all around nice people with actual knowledge is pretty high :cool:

4. i agree. another big part of the problem is that no guitar boards have the diversity of talkbass. sometimes i think it's the nature of guitarists to rope themselves into groups. you'll get a board full of crotchety blues players, or one full of preteen staind fans. there won't be much overlap in either.

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    If you think about it as that, wouldnt it make sense to say that the reason Talkbass is so diverse is because there aren't enough bass discussion forums for them to specialize?

If there were 30 different bass forums, I am sure that one would be all jazz, one would be rock, one would little punkers, etc.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey, quoteing yourself DOESNT HELP YOUR CASE tbb :D . but i agree with DHC, seems when i was into guitar, it was either old blues players putting down the young "nu metal" kids, and vice versa, even if you were young and did not even like nu metal, you were thought to have liked it just because your young and play guitar. and just because your old doesnt mean you play blues, but this is what the younger guys would think of them.

TalkBass is very diverse, and i doubt if their were "Jazz bass" or "Rock Bass" fourms, that they would be visted as much as talkbass, i think everyone likes the diversity.

8. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I meant to hit the edit key and accidently hit quote. How about you take a look and see that I deleted it. So shut your mouth. Jeez, you said you would try to be nice to people. Looks like you failed :rolleyes:

I like the diversity, but I do see some grouping here and there on this forum, but nothing too bad or major.

9. Back in my guitar days, there were some fairly good information sources on the boards at http://www.guitar.com

Now it definitely isn't like the system we have here at TB and you'll probably get flamed a lot, but every now and then it's worth it. The predominant musical tastes on the boards there is classic rock and traditional metal, or anything technically challenging.

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Whoa whoa man,,, nothing personal, i was just joking...... it's not like it was that big of a deal to begin with, i was just... whew man.... calm down...

11. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Sorry, I thought you were being serious about it, and there was nothing to indicate that you were joking. And since you said the exact opposite of what I said it seemed to me like you were coming off in a condesending way. My bad :)

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, i THOUGHT i added the sarcasm icon, but i didn't it's fixed, and no problems here, bass bro, everything is:cool:

13. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

One problem I have seen at other boards I've visited, be it guitar or bass, is the lack of effective moderating. Some of those message boards are just brutal. I'm not saying that because I am a moderator here, plus I share moderating and have only one folder, so it isn't just my input. All the folders here are well moderated and it makes for much more civilzed message baords than those you will likely encounter elsewhere.

14. good thinking. you could be right. but the point is, that's how it is.

15. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I know that's how it is, but I like it that way. Me personally, I am something from many different genres. If there were 30 different bass forums, I'd probably have to be a part of 25 of them! I like the fact that people of all walks of life, all types of music, and all places of the world come to one place to pool information and to have a good time.

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    ErikKrueger if you ever show your face around here again.
    :D

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I want this in my signature space

[​IMG]

18. heh i could take you jaco :p.

but the reason i am asking is because, i have bought mostly all of the bass gear i need, and i want to take up guitar more. so instead of saving my money, i wish to spend it foolishly on guitar stuff. heh.

19. i don't think you understand; that's what i've been saying. diversity = good.