Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A heartwarming combo story

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirk, Dec 23, 2003.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Well, a little less than a year ago I went to a music store to spend 100 bucks on a bedroom practice amp. What I walked out with surprised me. I had my heart set on the Peavey Microbass, but the sales guy insisted I should try an Ibanez Soundwave 20. Well, I tried and it sounded like exactly what I needed it for: a solid bedroom amp. It was the right price so I took it home.. it's about a 12x12x12 cube, so it's nice and small and not too heavy. Now onto the heartwarming part. I'm in town for Christmas break, and Sunday morning I was awakened by a phone call to fill in for a small jazz septet gig. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but after accepting the gig I reallized I didn't bring any cabs with me from my dorm, because I'm getting new cabs for christmas. Then I walked in my room and reallized the little Ibanez was still here, so it had to do. Man, did this thing sound great. I ran my SABDDI into it with my MIM Jazz bass and it was the perfect volume. I've never heard such a fat tone from a small box. I was even excited to play another gig tonight with a trio just so I could use my new setup I had discovered. Short story long, these amps sound great. I can't even imagine what the 65 watt kickback version sounds like.

Dirk

2. I got like the Pre-Soundwave version (IBJZ) or whatever and shes ok..gets the job done...but she's no fat-tone producer ;)

3. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Osama,
    Maybe it's the Sansamp providing the fat tone, but the Soundwave is definitely providing plenty of volume.