1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A heartwarming combo story

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dirk, Dec 23, 2003.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Well, a little less than a year ago I went to a music store to spend 100 bucks on a bedroom practice amp. What I walked out with surprised me. I had my heart set on the Peavey Microbass, but the sales guy insisted I should try an Ibanez Soundwave 20. Well, I tried and it sounded like exactly what I needed it for: a solid bedroom amp. It was the right price so I took it home.. it's about a 12x12x12 cube, so it's nice and small and not too heavy. Now onto the heartwarming part. I'm in town for Christmas break, and Sunday morning I was awakened by a phone call to fill in for a small jazz septet gig. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but after accepting the gig I reallized I didn't bring any cabs with me from my dorm, because I'm getting new cabs for christmas. Then I walked in my room and reallized the little Ibanez was still here, so it had to do. Man, did this thing sound great. I ran my SABDDI into it with my MIM Jazz bass and it was the perfect volume. I've never heard such a fat tone from a small box. I was even excited to play another gig tonight with a trio just so I could use my new setup I had discovered. Short story long, these amps sound great. I can't even imagine what the 65 watt kickback version sounds like.

Dirk

2. I got like the Pre-Soundwave version (IBJZ) or whatever and shes ok..gets the job done...but she's no fat-tone producer ;)

3. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Osama,
    Maybe it's the Sansamp providing the fat tone, but the Soundwave is definitely providing plenty of volume.