1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A heavyweight invited me to sit in at a prominent gig spot...

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by Bhuti, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Bhuti

Bhuti

May 9, 2006
    Harlem, NY
    Warehouse/Shop Asst. & endorsing artist of Warwick Basses
    What should i expect? other than me soiling myself.

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Glen Cove, NY
    Nice, man! Keep your head in the quarter note at all times (if it's a jazz session that is). If you don't, some of the heavier drummers can twist the time so many different ways you could lose it. Other than that, enjoy it. :) Oh, and get everyone's number.

3. Bhuti

Bhuti

May 9, 2006
    Harlem, NY
    Warehouse/Shop Asst. & endorsing artist of Warwick Basses
    I'm sure it's a heavily-groove oriented thing. it's at Ashford and Simpson's spot. the sugar bar in NYC. From what i hear it's 55 bar but uptown. Correct me if im mistaken.

He even went as far as to tell me that someone who is BIG is looking for a bass player... So yeah, pants soiled. I'll be shedding for the greater part of this weekend.

4. ding_man

ding_man

Dec 24, 2006
    Celina, OH
    There you go. Nothing to worry about then. Just have fun with this opportunity. Don't worry about the 'guy' in the crowd he'll just kill your time.

5. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    sugar bar is a lot of fun, my buddy sherrod Barnes plays over there a lot. really cool hang, enjoy!