1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Honda CRV?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jackmurray, May 6, 2006.

1. I'm getting on my P-plates soon, and my very awsome Dad is buying me a car.

There's a second hand CRV for $12,000 (Aus). It's done 160,000km, all wheeled drive, manual (5 speed), 2 litre engine, 4 cylinder, 1999. 25,000km warranty.

It seems to drive well and we can't see any problems with it (although we only had a short test-drive).

Does anyone own one? Does anyone know any problems, issues or defects with the car? Any good redeeming features?

P.S. We were originally looking at a Hyundi Lantra. One of our main credentials is that it fits my upright bass, so if anyone could suggest a car that could do this, is easy on fuel, small engine, manual and around or below the $10k mark second hand it would also be appreciated.

2. Hmm a manual CRV? That's cool, my family has a 2005 model that I'll be driving soon. They seem to be good cars and they drive well (from the couple times I've driven ours). Good luck and have fun.
    -Alex

3. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I've driven a 2005 CR-V as a rental for 2 weeks. It's a great vehicle. It gets good mileage, especially for an SUV and even compared with a lot of cars. Honda's also are known for their reliability, so if it's been looked after it should last you quite a while.