1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

a how to regarding tube amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassguppy, Mar 17, 2009.

1. I just picked up a Berg NV215 and NV610 cabs and seeing all the love out there on how tube amps go well with the NV Bergs I'm considering picking up a tube amp.

I'm not looking for this amp is better than that but being new to the power tube world does anyone have any info, links, etc on how tube amps behave, how to diagnose problems, biasing, etc. Basically what do I need to know to properly run and maintain.

Currently I have an Eden Nav along with a QSC PLX3002 and it's great but just looking to explore.

2. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    This would be pretty good place to check for books...

There's info. at several levels depending on how deep into the technical side you want to go.

3. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
  4. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    One place to look is Antique Electronics (http://www.tubesandmore.com/) in the books and DVD section under Guitar Amps. There are several instructional titles:
    The Complete Guide to Guitar and Amp Maintenance By Richie Flieger
    How to Service Your Own Tube Amp By Tom Mitchell
    Vacuum Tube Guitar and Bass Amplifier Servicing By Tino Zottola
    VIDEO DVD, ULTIMATE BENCH WARRIOR VOL 1, LEE JACKSON

David