1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Jack Bruce owned and played bass is for sale!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stringthrough, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. No

95 vote(s)
    49.7%
  3. Stop windowshopping on Ebay and Reverb and just enjoy your basses

80 vote(s)
    41.9%
  1. stringthrough

stringthrough Supporting Member

2. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 14, 2011
    Sales Development Manager NN Inc. - Polymet, USA manufacturer of fret wire
    Wow...that is very cool. Even if I sold all I wouldn't be there. Maybe you can do it ;)

stringthrough likes this.
  3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Nah...don't do it. Not worth the price. I can see his EB going for high dollar..no other comes close if all you want is an over-priced "nostalgia piece" of dubious historical worth that MIGHT retain some value. It would be cooler to get..oh, I don't know...maybe his favorite coffee cup or something.

4. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Why? Is there a magic tone that bass would provide that your current basses do not? Does that Warwick Jazzman play or sound particularly better than any other Warwick Jazzman?

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Twelve thousand dollars because a famous person owned it. Okay.

6. stringthrough

I wish my basses were worth that much collectively. Maybe all my basses, guitars, amps and pedals would get me closer.

7. stringthrough

It's not his EB3 or even his EB1 but its got some of his DNA on it. Come to think of it that's kind of gross! :vomit:

8. stringthrough

Jack Bruce is not just another "famous person" dammit! He's, he's JACK BRUCE!

Alex Bass, mdogs, Lvjoebass and 5 others like this.
  9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Well, I'm sold. JP Morgan Chase will understand and totally not take my house away. It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

10. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    No certificate of authenticity is being offered, so you'd be paying bucketloads of cash for something you will always doubt. And there's not guarantee that you would absorb any of his remaining DNA residue from the instrument. You could also build a shrine for it and provide burnt offerings.

11. stringthrough

I can always match the maple figuring of the bass to its picture with Jack holding it... I like the shrine idea. Maybe I can charge admission and recover some of the cost... :)

Billoney likes this.
  12. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    As cool as that is, I wouldn't do it. That's ALOT of money for a bass. Would you even want to play it? I would just want it hanging on a wall and nothing else. Plus, if anything ever happened to it I would be heartbroken.

stringthrough likes this.
  13. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    If I was a Jack Bruce fan and had twelve grand to burn I might buy it. I'd play the hell out of it though. Same for any special or vintage bass I'd buy. It's a bass. That's what it's for.

nbsipics and stringthrough like this.
  14. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Man... 12K would buy a heckuva lot of WAY more useful stuff.

15. smtp4me

smtp4me

Sep 30, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA
    I can only mention what I would do. This is obviously a collector item, meaning, to be placed in a glass cabinet and never played. I personally could not bring myself to sell the basses that I actually play, for one that I would not.

Billoney and stringthrough like this.
  16. 10k € for that ? Sorry no, even for 1/4 of that price ... Jack Bruce or not ...

Jeff Scott and stringthrough like this.
  17. That's Ok, but it will need a Hipshot bridge and ultra light tuners and a set of Thomastik-Infeld flats to be TB acceptable.

Fletz likes this.
  18. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Did Jack play this bass on anything, significant, or otherwise? Or, at all? Maybe this was just something Warwick gave him and Jack stuffed it in a closet, never to be played. Inquiring minds need to know, especially if we're going to fork over $12K for it.

19. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    :eek: What, no tort required? :eek:

20. stringthrough

Didn't think it would also spend time in his closet. It's now worth even more! :laugh:

Jeff Scott likes this.