1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Jazz Dilema!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Don't Panic, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Get the Fender MIA Jazz, You won't regret it!

92 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. Get The Sandberg California JJ4, It's cooler and more usefull!

39 vote(s)
    29.8%
  1. I need your help, since I can't decide. I've been wanting a jazz bass for a long time now, and finally I've got the money.

Now here is the deal: MIA Fender Jazz Bass's price dropped a lot lately, so I feel it's an opportunity that might not come again.

On the other hand, I've been dreaming of a Sandberg Jazz, but the catch is I won't be able to get one for at least a couple of months, because I want the play one again first to see if we really get along as I remember from the last time I played one, but their not in stock right now. Pros' for the Sandberg is I can order a custom built one exactly the way I want it, and it is much more versatile.

Pros for the fender: it's a classic, and I love the tone.

Any suggestions?

2. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    I play a Fender Jbass my self but I voted Sandberg because that seems to be what you really want...dream bass, customised to your specs, versatile. Wait the couple months and make your dream come true. You can always add the Fender to your arsenal in the future.

3. As you put it, "see if we really get along". I would play both of them and see which gets along with you better. If your pressed for time, then grab the Fender, I own Fender Jazz basses and love them. You can always pickup the Sanberg later.

4. cigi

cigi

Aug 22, 2006
    A very important thing you have to consider in this dillema is that although you can make your bass to custom needs, a sandberg jazzbass will not sound like a fender jazz. It wil sound a lot more hifi.

I personally would go with the fender if you really want a jazz because IMO with the sandberg you get a sandberg and not really a jazz. And I believe a jazz doesn't really have to be custom. A good jazz can take on allmost everything.

5. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    +1

6. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    Anyone know why the prices are dropping.

7. +2

8. prices on what?

9. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    OP says prices on MIA Jazz basses are dropping

10. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    If you love the Fender Jazz and know that you love the tone, just get it.

11. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Prices for used MIA J's made before '08 have been dropping because everybody wants to buy the 08's, so they're selling their old ones to fund new ones.

12. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

OP is overseas. Price drop may simply be due to dropping US dollar over the past year.

13. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Prices on USA made instruments seem to be swaying pretty wildly down here in Australia. I'm guessing it's something to do with the US Dollar. EBMM retail prices got bumped up by a few hundred dollars a few months ago, and every store started charging more. Now it seems like the prices have gone down again and everyone is selling them at even less than they were before the price rise.

14. black.rose1402

black.rose1402

Jan 10, 2007
    don't know but the older I get, the more I like fender basses!

15. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    I vote for the Sandberg, just the way you wrote the poll tells me it's the one you really want. Customize it the way you want it, have your own tone...

16. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    if you want that jazz tone, only a fender can do it(not really but...) while sandberg will have a more modern tone, wich you may like more

17. hstingrayh

hstingrayh

Sep 29, 2007
    Atlanta.GA
    I used to play Sandberg,twelve years ago,while I was living in Germany...It was a crazy good bass...Though,much different then Fender jazz bass...Today,after so many basses I played,I play Fender deluxe V and I don't even think about anything else...Fender rocks!!!

18. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Fender jazz, you know you want it.

19. cbass717

cbass717

Jun 30, 2008
    sandberg. more tone options than the fender

20. I'm the proud owner of a '08' MIA Jazz V, and I couldn't be happier. The sound of this bass is right in the pocket when it comes to the sound blending in with the band. The slapping and popping is so, so loud and clear, it's dynamite. Quality wise, mine is as good as it gets, absolutely flawless. If there was one con to this bass it is that I don't care for the bridge pup when it's run by itself or full up with the neck pup turned down a little, but together both pups sound articulate, punchy, and distinctfully clear with a deep low end that's very full sounding. :smug:

Get the Jazz, you won't be disappointed, take my word for it.;)