Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a Jazz neck for my Pbass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassplayer#dan, Apr 3, 2005.

1. I'm interested in the answer to your question too. I just ordered one for my p-bass kit from SAGA. The neck it came with was twisted so I ordered that one from S_Mac. I also ordered bridge, tuners, pick-ups and all the electricals because the Saga parts were all such crap. So I'm basically paying a MIM price for a home-made bass. I hope it will be fun!

2. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I thought Jazz necks had a 1 1/2 inch nut width. That neck has a 1 5/8 inch width.

3. That's a modern P bass neck, otherwise known as "B" width. Older P basses (and some American Vintage ones) had "C" width, 1 3/4" necks, but chances are yours is 1 5/8". Jazz basses have "A" (1 1/2") widths, as oldrocker pointed out. So find another one, I guess. To answer your question, though, necks like that one should fit without mods. Just make sure they're 34" scale, and 20 frets, unless the final frets (21-22/24) overlap the body.

4. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    One word....Warmoth.

Their stuff kicks arse.
    [​IMG]

5. Ive just noticed the neck I wanted was a common P neck, and I want a J neck. Heres one that could fit:

http://wdmusicproducts.com/Merchant...MPI&Product_Code=BMASTD&Category_Code=NCKSBSS

I think Standard Fender necks are standarized so it will fit with ease, isnt it? so thats the neck, what do you think?

6. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    +1!! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

7. Yeah I know but they are more expensive I think. Those I was looking for were about 125$. I wouldnt want to spend more than 100 euros or so.

8. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    You get what you pay for

9. Thats quite obvious, and you know it doesnt help.