Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a JP prepares to cross the pond

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xush, Jun 1, 2003.

1. if by "cross the pond" you meant "get sent to FLOYDtheBARBER's house," that'd be really cool.
    gorgeous bass!

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    what does a baby like that cost? to the UK that is . . .

3. wow! that looks AWEOMSE, JP! another work of art !!

Hope to hear some clips. :)

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i think you may be confused. jp is from the uk france to be exact. this is the first one to come the u.s.
    i would love to have one
    steve

5. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    What?????? did you just say that France was in the United Kingdom????:D

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    oopppssss...
    i meant europe not the uk...

sorry

steve

:D :D

7. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Haha I thought so, this was just too funny:D By the way, an excellent bass Xush :bassist:

8. France is NOT in the UK.
    :D
    Everybody knows that, like everybody knows that NY is a burg in the suburb of LA...:D
    Which is actually the capital of Mexico:rolleyes: :D

Anyway, this bass looks really gorgeous. I'm sure it will not be the last one to cross the ocean(pacific:D ,another french joke, sorry...)

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

:mad:

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    beautious! black limba is supposed to be a wonderful fretless tonewood- that is black limba, i hope.. congrats - looks great!

11. Oh, honestly, could you tell me which direction Denver is from Chicago?

:smug:

12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Whoa!! The FBB 8 and now that?! I'm going to have to clear a whole day from my schedule to come check those out! I was just looking at it today on JP's site, wondering when it would be done. Looks great, Mark!

13. I should get those individual saddle doo-dads for a replacement bridge for my sixer, it needs a new one, and perhaps a new imput jack too...

14. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Sweet- Nice Bass.
    JP- great work

15. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Thanks a lot for the comments about my work guys.
    I'll be sending the bass to xush in a week or two, time for me to set it up correctly (the nut still needs some work), to pack it and go through the post office.

I'm sure Xush will find some time to make us some kind of review when he gets the bass and of course some sound clips :D

Peace, JP

16. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    (checks wallet)

:bawl:

purdy fingerboard!

f

17. JP,
    Really looks great! What are YOUR impressions of the bass? Looking at your website, it's not your first fretless. What do you think -- as objectively as you can?

18. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    As I said the bass still needs a good setup and the brand new strings are not my cup of tea for fretless but I really like it.
    B string is huge and the sound is really full, wide open, thanks to limba body I guess.
    The bass is very punchy (just as I like them).

I love that bass. I think that the JP Pickup and E-pro preamp combo works really well and I don't see a bass with it I could't love. We'lle see how they work on Ari's bass and on the singlecut but...well..I'm pretty confident ;)

Just wait until Xush gets the bass in his hands and he'll tell us what he thinks.

Peace, JP