1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A L-2500...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pöl, May 19, 2004.

1. Pöl

Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Belgium
    ... and it was very (!!!) sweet sounding!!

So today at our store, a new G&L L-2500 came in, and I played with it a little.
    Like the L-2000, the equalisation and preamp are very versatile, but what realy struck me with this one were two things:

1/ this bass is string through body (you can do string through bridge too), making it has a very solid, deep-talking sound (much more so than the Tribute and USA L-2000 that's also have on the wall, and who aren't stb)

2/ this is the first 5'er I've played that has a very solid low B, not sloppy at all, giving the bass a punchy tone on the very low register too (i think it's the solid bridge - stb - combination)

Thought I'd let you know...

If G&L would only make a Tribute L-2000 with string through body, I'd buy one in a second (I'm in Belgium, USA L-2000 runs about 2000 euro's here; the tribute 700 euro; big difference in price, little diff in sound, not worth the extra money)

2. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I had a G&L L-2500 and liked it very much, at first. Then, over time, I felt the string spacing was too narrow for my style of playing, so I sold it. Someone got a great deal on an excellent bass. I prefer the wider spacing of my Fender Roscoe Beck V.