Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A L-2500...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pöl, May 19, 2004.

1. Pöl

Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Belgium
    ... and it was very (!!!) sweet sounding!!

So today at our store, a new G&L L-2500 came in, and I played with it a little.
    Like the L-2000, the equalisation and preamp are very versatile, but what realy struck me with this one were two things:

1/ this bass is string through body (you can do string through bridge too), making it has a very solid, deep-talking sound (much more so than the Tribute and USA L-2000 that's also have on the wall, and who aren't stb)

2/ this is the first 5'er I've played that has a very solid low B, not sloppy at all, giving the bass a punchy tone on the very low register too (i think it's the solid bridge - stb - combination)

Thought I'd let you know...

If G&L would only make a Tribute L-2000 with string through body, I'd buy one in a second (I'm in Belgium, USA L-2000 runs about 2000 euro's here; the tribute 700 euro; big difference in price, little diff in sound, not worth the extra money)

2. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I had a G&L L-2500 and liked it very much, at first. Then, over time, I felt the string spacing was too narrow for my style of playing, so I sold it. Someone got a great deal on an excellent bass. I prefer the wider spacing of my Fender Roscoe Beck V.