1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A lesson from the master.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Ten Four One, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    Milt Hinton shows you how it's done. He's on URB but the fundamentals apply.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

You know...we have a DB - Double Bass section to the forum...:eyebrow:

This would fit very nicely in :

Jazz Technique [DB]
    Jazz bass technique: left and right hand issues, advanced techniques, and any physical issues relating to playing jazz.

3. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    He is speakin the truth. A lot of lessons in the video for bass player on BG or DB. A lot of players don't understand our first job is to pull together elements of harmony and rhythm to create the foundation for the rest of the band.

Thanks for posting the link.

4. jadesmar

jadesmar

Feb 17, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    Bb is not in an F chord... or maybe in jazz world it is.

That would produce like a Bb9 or 11 or some such.

My brain melted.

5. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    I suspect he just went up/down a 4th/5th the wrong way in his head when he said that, especially considering he played an Eb after.

That video was already in the URB Jazz forum. I did a search before I posted it here to make sure it wasn't a dupe.

6. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    Also he said "I'm playing one five/one four" meaning a one/five inversion, so, again, the same sort of thinking.