A lilttle suprise from Victor.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Irie01, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    I went in to my local guitar center today to once again compare the musicman Sterling and Stingray..As walked to the bass section, who was sitting in there?.. Victor Wooten himself,and he happened to be holding the stingray in his arms that I wanted to play.Of all times......It was quite a suprise. He was was just checking out effects pedals and I never did get to play that sunburst stingray with a maple neck.I did not have it in me to ask him if I could see it.Just thought I d shre that story with everyone.By the way, does anyone know where i can find a Musicman Sabre(early 80's)I would like to buy one.PLease let me know..
  2. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Man that sounds awesome......Hey dude where do you live? Victor is on tour right now.....and I belive he has a show tonight in Townson, MD tonight.
  3. Victor, huh? nice stuff. He's coming up here at the end of February with the Flecktones, I'm rather excited to see them. As far as the sabre goes. try www.basspalace.com. They may have one.

Keep grooving.

4. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Did you say hi? I hear hes a very nice guy.
  5. hmm... if thats true, then.. damn! why didnt you go up and talk to him? :)
  6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I'll quote on of my good friends here.

"I would have started humping his leg uncontrollably....the police would have taken me away, but it would have been all worth it. How many people can say 'I humped Wooten's leg?'"
  7. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Which GC was it? Rockville, MD?
  8. john, dont bring your twisted sexual fantasies onto here... ;)
  9. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    No no, it wasnt John it was his "friend".
  10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I hope not... I started to go there today.
  11. You should have said "can I slap that thing for a little while?"
  12. He stopped by a local guitar store in Boise, Idaho the day that he was playing there last summer. My buddy was going down there to look at some gear but I decided not to go. I kick myself everday for it. My buddy said that he was very nice and was showing everyone how to play stuff. I went to the show that night and needless to say, it was nuts
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Victor Wooten playing a stingray and not a fodera.. i want pictures.. just kidding. that is awesome... you should have walked up and been like "you are pretty good man, but you should here some of victor wooten's stuff.. its unbelievable." Then you pick up a rogue bass, play some slap bass. Look at him say "don't you wish you could do that".. and walk away.. just kidding.

That is an awesome story. My old drummer met bela fleck and the flecktones after a concert. he walked out to their bus and it was just him and them. they talked to him for like 30 minutes.. he said they were all so cool..

Victor Is comming to charlotte feb. 15... I have a gig earlier that night.. but I will go.. oh yeas. I will
  14. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    ...can a Stingray be twirled as easily as a Fodera?
  15. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    With straplocks, probably. ;)
  16. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You should've said, "Vic, while I got you here, I've noticed some flaws in your technique..........":D
  17. Dan Muller

Dan Muller Guest

Sep 28, 2001
    Baltimore, Maryland
    hell yeah i saw him there too. he was playing the sunburst stingray. he's real cool to talk to. he had a show at the rechre theater last night.
  18. I would have ripped the bass out his hands and then said " lookie here newbie we don't go for that slap crap in these here parts" I would have then pulled out my trusty pick and proceeded to play everysong in ever done by blink 182.;)

Just kidding, I'm going to see victor on thursday in rochester, me and my band will be hanging out after the show to see if we can get some pics with him. if I do I will post.

Oh yeah, I called waterstreet music hall (where victor is playing) to make sure we could bring a camera, and they said they allow cameras as long as the band doesn't have a probleme with it, I'm assuming victor allows cameras right:confused: