A little advice please!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nilmar, May 20, 2004.

1. Nilmar

Mar 16, 2004
    I heard you all saying in other thread that Squier bass sucks. Will they be good after you replace them with seymour duncan Quarter Pounder? Or will they still suck big time. Is it safe to buy Squier through online? i live in Sinagpore and squier are kind of expensive here, so i think of getting it through www.music123.com . Will i get a sucky bass? :bassist:
  2. I live in the UK, ive just bought a Squier Jazz bass for a bit of fun. It honked rings round the fenders in the shop, its a good bass. If u have a good rig then it should sound fine
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    It's probably a case of if you get a good one, you get a very nice instrument (for the price) and if you don't, you don't.

The bass is essentially made of three pieces of wood...the body, the neck and the fingerboard. I doubt that much selecting goes into choosing pieces to build an instrument from so if you happen to get one that was randomly built with above average pieces of wood, you'll get a good one.

I have a Squier Precision Special 5 that I turned into a fretless. I bought it on sale at Sam Ash for $179 and it's really a very nice instrument. Turned out to be a very nice fretless too...

I believe it's best to try before you buy, but if you can't...cross your fingers and hope for the best!

Good luck!!!