1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A little advise on my speaker cab setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soupninja, Mar 16, 2010.

1. soupninja

soupninja

Jan 3, 2010
    Ok so I recently go an ampeg svt 4 pro and damn im happy with the sound that thing is producing..warm, growly, and not overly high like my peavey tour 700 was..it was almost like plug and play.:hyper:..anyway

Im playing through a hartke 4x10 rated at 300watts, and an older david eden 1x15 rated at I think 400 watts both of them are 8 ohm cabs.

Iv got the head mono/sterio switch out so that its not in bridged mono..with one cab on amp a and one on b.

I havent heard any farting, or audible distortion even at a prtty loud lvl..can I expect some damage to these cabs? or any damage to the head unit?

I would like to get some more efficent cabs but I just dropped 1200 on the head..little strapped for cash right now.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    If it sounds good, there's not a problem. You can hear when a speaker is straining, it gets all distorted and yuky sounding. Sounds like you're good to go. And, no, the amp won't get hurt.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020