1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A little advise please.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockscott, Oct 6, 2010.

1. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    Im looking for a recommendation for a small combo amp or mini stack. Solid state, 150-200 watts, something with a very simple eq. I will be using it mostly for rock and blues. Primary bass Thunderbird, second bass epi viola, occasional acoustic/electric. I have always used peaveys & they have held up well, i just thought i would look at a few options. Looking to spend around $700. Thankx Scott

2. I'm happy with a 200 watt used Genz Benz that I found recently. I've heard mixed reviews on the smaller/combo Ampeg and Fender amps. That's not to say Ampeg and Fender don't make good amps at affordable prices. Check Craigslist and your local pawn shops to see whats in your area.

Not sure if the new Genz Benz Shuttle is too small for what you're trying to do, but it looks like they run about $700 new.

You should be able to find a great little combo amp for $700 (or less) no problems.