1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A little anniversary gift - new tools in the shop

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Rodent, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Yesterday was my anniversary, and my wife and I took a daytrip north on I-5. Along the way we stumbled into the Grizzly showroom in Bellingham, WA. While there I learned that I had an anniversary gift waiting that I needed to pick up and take home:

[​IMG]

plus this attachment:

[​IMG]

This will greatly reduce my time spent radiusing a fingerboard, and I am real excited to be adding this to my shop ... but even more so, I am totally blown away by a wife who is soooooo supportive of my bass building activities. :hyper: There's not many out there like her, and I'm blessed beyond belief.

All the best,

R

2. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Does your wife have a single sister? :p

3. Ed R

Ed R

Oct 25, 2005
    Those are so cool! And your wife rocks, Rodent.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Is the pic on the bottom a fixture for doing radii? If so can you set the ends up differently from each other so as to do a compound radius?

5. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    exactly - a compound radius fingerboard in +/- 10 minutes :hyper:

now I can make a run of 2+ necks in a batch and have consistency between each one - even if they have a compound radius. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

All the best,

R

6. Ed R

Ed R

Oct 25, 2005
    I hate you.

;)

7. that is WAY COOL! I know when Hambone sees that photo of the radius attachment those gears in his head are going to start turning, saying..."I can do that."

bless your little heart...