Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A little anniversary gift - new tools in the shop

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Rodent, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Yesterday was my anniversary, and my wife and I took a daytrip north on I-5. Along the way we stumbled into the Grizzly showroom in Bellingham, WA. While there I learned that I had an anniversary gift waiting that I needed to pick up and take home:

[​IMG]

plus this attachment:

[​IMG]

This will greatly reduce my time spent radiusing a fingerboard, and I am real excited to be adding this to my shop ... but even more so, I am totally blown away by a wife who is soooooo supportive of my bass building activities. :hyper: There's not many out there like her, and I'm blessed beyond belief.

All the best,

R

2. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Does your wife have a single sister? :p

3. Ed R

Ed R

Oct 25, 2005
    Those are so cool! And your wife rocks, Rodent.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Is the pic on the bottom a fixture for doing radii? If so can you set the ends up differently from each other so as to do a compound radius?

5. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    exactly - a compound radius fingerboard in +/- 10 minutes :hyper:

now I can make a run of 2+ necks in a batch and have consistency between each one - even if they have a compound radius. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

All the best,

R

6. Ed R

Ed R

Oct 25, 2005
    I hate you.

;)

7. that is WAY COOL! I know when Hambone sees that photo of the radius attachment those gears in his head are going to start turning, saying..."I can do that."

bless your little heart...