1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Little Biblical by Band of Horses

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by glennonbass, Oct 4, 2013.

1. glennonbass

glennonbass

Jan 29, 2008
    Not sure I'm at the right place for this, as I don't really need a tab...Our band is working on this song, in the original key as released. The question is what note is the bass playing on the verses when the guitar is playing the Bb5 or Bbm chord? I'm playing the low F on my 4 string. The guitar player doesn't think it sounds right. Anybody out there know what note? It's been driving us crazy. The guitar chords on the verses are:
    B - Bb5 - C#m - E - F# Any help/suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. WiflB

WiflB

Aug 24, 2013
    Suffolk
    I don't know the song but have tried the other chord tones from Bb5 and Bbm as that is most likely (Bb and C#)

3. WiflB

WiflB

Aug 24, 2013
    Suffolk
    It won't let me edit my previous post, but I meant to put 'have you tried' instead of 'have tried'

4. glennonbass

glennonbass

Jan 29, 2008

Hi WiflB- We did try both Bb & C#. I'm pretty sure he plays the F though. My guitar player agrees now, after listening to the song.
    During the verses, he plays the low F on 1st fret 4th string, and on the solo over verses, he plays the octave, D string 3rd fret. That's what I'm hearing, anyway. Thanks for your suggestion.

5. I love this song. The bass line for the verses, IMO, B F C# E F#. This song is in key of B major.

6. Is that Bm5 chord x23400?

7. glennonbass

glennonbass

Jan 29, 2008

Hi Darius, I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know how he plays the chord. We pretty much agree now that it's an F. Thanks for your input.