Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A little debate

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Now here's an interesting one for you guys. My dad is a member of prog rock archives, where there are a lot of Dream Theatre fans who seem to think Dream Theatre are the best thing ever, and won't acknowledge anyone is better, at all. Now, it has come up as to whether John Myung is as good as the Dream Theatre fans say he is(ie, they think he's the best ever). What do you think? Is he THAT good? If you think he is, why? If you think he isn't, why, and who is better?

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    We had a huge Myung; overrated or not thread some time ago, this locks in with that thread ;)

3. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005

4. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Have you got a link to that please?

6. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    yes i guess that when you have been playing as long as i have the fans do get rabid. thanks to yorkiebassist for pointing out that yes i the one and only davetakis or as he called me in his thread DT, am the greatest. an autographed 8x10 is in the mail to you along with $5.00. .......are we still talking about me?