1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A little discussion GB NEO 212T vs GB Uber 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by padenski, Apr 19, 2010.

1. padenski

padenski

Feb 19, 2008
    Landenberg, PA
    I just recently upgraded from the Shuttle 6.0 to the 9.0 and notice the increased headroom when playing through my NEO 212 (I will be selling the Shuttle 6.0). I have not had the chance to play the 9.0 through the NEO 112 or the XB410, but I expect the results to the be same. Here is my question.... I am considering replacing the NEO 212 with the UBER 212 based on what I have read on TB. Is there that much noticeable of a difference? I love the size and portability of the NEO 212 as well as the sound but I have heard the UBER has a fuller bottom. What are your thoughts? Shuttle 9.0 on an Uber or on the NEO?

2. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    The change from 6.0 to 9.0 will be similar to going from the Neox 212 to the Uber 212... MASSIVE!!
    You wont be sorry!!!!

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Ubers seem voiced somewhere between modern and vinyage, where the NeoX is pure modern. I love how the Uber thumps, yet stays tight across the full range. I've never heard a better sounding 2x12 than the Uber, including the NeoX, Mesa Powerhouse, and Epifani UL's that I've owned or tested.