A little fun at work

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Sep 29, 2002.

1. All right, as many may know, I work at a movie theater. We have those stand up cardboard advertisments for movies everywhere (called standees). There is this one standee of that new Hannibal(sp?) movie Red Dragon. Its pretts big, and it has a little "window" with bars on it, on the inside of the window you see good ol Anthony Hopkins giving you an evil grin. The standee sits right in front of an area in the concession that we no longer use, but is kinda an unoffical break area. And there is a bench in front of the standee where people sit to wait for their movie.

Anyway, this is what I did for a little fun tonight:
    I noticed that when you talk through certain holes in the back of the standee, people on the other side can hear it, and it sounds like its coming from the inside (since the barred window with Hannibal's mug behind it ic covered with a thin piece of plastic). So while taking my break, I could hear a couple sitting on the bench chatting away. So I decide to start doing a couple Hannibal quotes through the hole. Freaked the couple out. Great fun! A few other people came and went during my break, some didn't notice, some freaked out, some thought there was some sort of motion activated sensor that made Hannibal talk.

So the point of this thread is, what kind of stuff do you all do at work to mess with people?
  2. Work? whats work? :p

3. During our big sales our Pro Audio department sets up a big PA so that the boss can do sales announcments over something slightly better than a tin can (which is what our announcment system sounds like now) Last time they threw a D-beam controler over the door way and connected it to the PA. Everytime someone walked through the doors to the Pro Audio room a sample was played of one the employees saying "WELCOME TO GUITAR CENTER!!!" very loudly. Scared the hell out of some people.:D

Rock on
  4. Large amounts of bubble wrap + Fork Lift = FUN :D
  5. thank god you said Fork lift! :p

6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    We have stupid Asset Protection fun at my work. It usually involves planting security tags on employess so they beep when they go out the doors. Of course, we take the possibility of internal theft very seriously, so we have to make VERY sure they don't have any merchandise on them.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah man! We used to do that too when I worked in a warehouse. We had those massive industrial sized rolls of bubble wrap with the big bubbles. Lotsa fun to run over. We also had forklift races.

brad cook
  8. At the end of the day we have to count out oru cashiers drawers, and put the bills in what's called the Burrito, which is just the money wrapped up in a piece of paper with the number of bills on it, and bound by a rubber band.

Last night we were a bit giddy, so we took our burritos back to the warehouse and shrink wrapped all of them. Not very funny to you guys, maybe, but we thought it was hilarious.

Probably get in trouble today for doing it, though.

Rock on