A little GAS, mixed in with a little curiosity....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Could I replace my 2x10 and 1x15 with a 6x10? I know this depends on what cabs I have, and what 6x10 I'd get, but in general, what do you guys think? Liek I said, its a little GAS, b ut I've heard so much about the nv610 (Not that I can afford it) that I can't help but wonder. I play a 5-Strign Active, and in my band we play Punk/Metal, and in my own time I play funk/jazz. So, any suggestions?
  2. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Yes, if you do not mind playing with major back pain. The 6X10 cabs are great but very heavy in comaparison to what you have. You already have two cabs that do the job apparently. Remember this, "if it's not broke, don't fix it." But, if all else fails, the Ampeg 6X10HLF is mighty sweet for your type music......
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i played with 6 tens for a long time, but it was two 8 ohm cabs, one 2x10 and 1 4x10. Great sound, esp for your kind of gigs. (personally, i really want two epifani 310UL cabs - :D )

best bet is to take your whole rig and your bass around and try out as much stuff as you can. See if you liek the sound of your 210 with a 410 better than your 210 and 1x15, etc. But you gotta compare everything to your stuff. FWIW, a 6x10 is the bigegst cab i'd ever get, and i'd much rather do the modular thing. But the bergie NV 6x10 gets a lot of positive feedback here.