1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A little help from you guys (OLP Tony Levin vs. Cort Curtbown 5)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fredolee16, Mar 20, 2009.

1. (excuse my English) Hi guys!! I'm new here. I want a 5 strings. I didn't use it since I had problems with my left hand on 2004. Sometimes I need one. I hate neck pickups because I don't feel confortable when I slap and any way 90% of the time I only use the bridge pickup in my Fender jazz. I don't want to spend lot of money because I want a 5 string for some songs and not as my main bass. I find a Cort Curtbow 5 at good price new in the box ($350) but I have an OLP MM2 (4 string version and I really like the sound) and some seller on ebay can ship me the Tony Levin Signature OLP new for $330 shipped. Almost the same prices but I never had the oportunity to try one of these basses. Both basses have something that I love. They have only one pickup. I'm trying to check all the reviws as I can before I take the final desicinon. Someone here try those basses. It will be so helpfull If you tell me your experience. Thanks

2. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Radically different tones. The OLP will sound very aggressive and upper-midrangey. The Cort will sound much more even and clear.

3. OK, this remind me that I play lot of styles, rock, pop, latin and I really love to slap my bass. Between these two, I need the most versatile.

4. Anyone else try this basses.