1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

a little help here please

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by GrooveBass, Oct 23, 2006.

1. GrooveBass

GrooveBass

Oct 10, 2004
    Iowa
    Alright, so here's the deal... I've been playing in a band called WAKE since I was in high-school (close to 5 years ago). We've done demo work, talked about albums, and done too many gigs that only paid for the gas to get home. My lead singer is now a teacher an hour north of me, and my drummer and lead guitar go to school just shy of 3 hours south of me. I'm in the middle to keep a good practice spot. The problem is that we're starting to have trouble keeping it together. The main thing is that we will have to find a new lead singer/ rhythm guitar as 3 of the 4 of us will be almost 4 hours from our current singer when I go to college (again) in the fall. Our drummer looks like he'll be out soon, so my question is this... Should I stick it out with my lead guitarist and pursue a new form of my current band, or do a project I've been wanting to do for quite a while now, but never have as we don't have the musician's here in NE Iowa. Thanks for the time.

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    I think...

Try to find a new lineup for your current band. Try it a while. If it doesn't work out, then form that new project. You never know...you may find just the right people.

Cherie :)

3. GrooveBass

GrooveBass

Oct 10, 2004
    Iowa
    I'll do that basschik. Or at least I will if I can find new band members:) thanks