1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

a little help please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slybubbaj, May 21, 2002.

1. hi. i am pretty much a newbie, although i have been playing for a while it has never really been serious. i started out in school orchestra and jazz band so i was first familiar to the upright. im looking for a good electric bass now. i have a 5 string washburn, but i have gathered that washburns are not high quality. i like a soft subtle sound like on the upright, and i dont have too much money to spend. maybe fretless would give me the sound i want? im not sure just looking for some input on what some good inexpensive models are.

thanks for the help
    josh

2. I have an RBX 350 Fretless (Yamaha) and I only paid £150 for it. It has an Ebony board and plays and feels wonderful. Its the closest u will get to a Fender at a fraction of the cost. I have tried all of the fender Fretlesses available in England, and I preferred the Yammy. My other basses are:- Alembic Signature, Spector NS95, Spector NS4, and a Warwick Thumb BO. So u can see I went for the Yammy becouse it was the best I tried, and not because of cost.