Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a little help please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slybubbaj, May 21, 2002.

1. hi. i am pretty much a newbie, although i have been playing for a while it has never really been serious. i started out in school orchestra and jazz band so i was first familiar to the upright. im looking for a good electric bass now. i have a 5 string washburn, but i have gathered that washburns are not high quality. i like a soft subtle sound like on the upright, and i dont have too much money to spend. maybe fretless would give me the sound i want? im not sure just looking for some input on what some good inexpensive models are.

thanks for the help
    josh

2. I have an RBX 350 Fretless (Yamaha) and I only paid £150 for it. It has an Ebony board and plays and feels wonderful. Its the closest u will get to a Fender at a fraction of the cost. I have tried all of the fender Fretlesses available in England, and I preferred the Yammy. My other basses are:- Alembic Signature, Spector NS95, Spector NS4, and a Warwick Thumb BO. So u can see I went for the Yammy becouse it was the best I tried, and not because of cost.