A little help to on a Jedson bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lmsava, Jun 29, 2004.

1. lmsava

Jun 29, 2004
    Can anyone tell me more about this bass. I bought it from a junk shop for next to nothing as it looked unusual. I know it is made by Jedson, but does anyone know what model it is and when it was made?

A picture of the bass is at this link.

Jedson Bass
  2. lmsava

Jun 29, 2004
    Come on! Throw me a bone here!
  3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    sorry bro, nothing here, and I know everything :smug: :eyebrow:

how does she play?
  4. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    I own one of those, but mine is a sunburst job.

I bought it for 20 bucks on a vintage fair in a fit of "Oh-what-the-heck-it-looks-goofy-and-it's-fun" It came with black tapewound strings and with those on it delivered a surprisingly good Reggae thump, I brought it along to a Format brain session and the others laughed at me but ate their words when I plugged it in and played it.

Needless to say, I ended up returning to my faithfull longscale basses for the simple fact that they delivered that sustain and stayed in tune better.
  5. lmsava

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks for the help.

For Bustin, it plays like the England football team (soccer to those in the US). I tune it perfectly but if I play anthting furtehr down than the fifth fret it sounds out of tune. I don't think I'll keep it for much longer.
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like another good example of :

You get what you pay for! ;)
  7. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    In the blue book of guitars it says:
    Jedson, instruments produced in Japan from the late 1960s through the the late 1970s.

As far as intonation goes, see if you can move the bridge around. I have a old Decca guitar some gave me, and once the bridge was in the right place [I angled the bass side back] it played IN-TUNE.