A little help with an assignment...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by echoSE7EN, Oct 11, 2011.

1. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    I need to, "interview 5 - 10 suitable individuals to develop 2 primary personas for a website". The site is being designed as a larger project to fulfill a requirement of my web design class. The overarching idea is for the site to be an informationally-driven site regarding fretless bass, related equipment reviews, lessons, transcriptions and/or leadsheets, and possibly interviews --- basically, an online version of Bass Player, but devoted solely to fretless (but all players are welcome to answer -- esp., since this write-up is due by midnight).

This will not be a real web site. This is only for an assignment for my class. No identification will be used. I am only creating a user persona which would (in the real-world) factor into the creation and design of a usable website to interested parties. You're helping me with homework, nothing more.

So, basically, would a few of you mind answering the following questions:

1. How frequently do you access the global Internet?

2. How often to you use the various search engines (Google, Bing, etc...) to find information regarding music (esp. bass-related), musical instrument products, product reviews.

3. Which search engines do you use primarily?

4. What music-related magazines and or websites (you don't need to list TB here...that's a given) do you read/visit?

5. What is the frequency that you read/visit/purchase the aforementioned sources?

6. What is the ONE thing you believe is missing from current bass-related publications?

7. Which of the following would you most be interested in:
    a) A magazine/site with many lead sheets, and a few transcriptions (to include TAB)
    b) A magazine/site with many transcriptions (to include TAB), and a few lead sheets
    c) I don't care about either. I have super awesome ears and do everything myself.

8. What types of lessons (general knowledge, music theory, technique) would MOST interest you.

9. How many basses do you own?

10. Do you play any other instrument(s)?

Thanks a bunch in advance,

2. I was going to do it, but most of my answers would be short, one sentence answers and I know they just make things harder when it comes to assignments.

3. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    I'm actually looking for short answers - I need to average 10 people's responses.

4. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    1. All the time. I'd be lucky to go a couple of hours without using the internet for something directly, unless I am sleeping or travelling or something.

2. Daily, several times daily.

3. Google. There is more than one?

4. TB, Ultimate Guitar for tabs, Last.fm, Several forums specific to bands I listen to. I'd pick up a bass magazine if I ever saw one.

5. Daily, hourly probably.

6. I'll have to have a think about this one, hopefully I remember to get back to you.

7. B

8. I'd benefit from any sort of professional instruction. technique and a little general knowledge is something I would be interested in short term. If I was going to do regular lessons or study properly, I would be very interested to properly learn musical theory.

9. 5. Guitar family instruments (including uke/banjo/etc) 15.

10. Poorly :p

5. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania

Every few hours

2. How often to you use the various search engines (Google, Bing, etc...) to find information regarding music (esp. bass-related), musical instrument products, product reviews.

Daily

Google

4. What music-related magazines and or websites (you don't need to list TB here...that's a given) do you read/visit?

KVR Audio

5. What is the frequency that you read/visit/purchase the aforementioned sources?

TB is daily, if not more.
    KVR at least 3x a week

6. What is the ONE thing you believe is missing from current bass-related publications?

Theory? I don't read too many so I can't give the best answer.

a) A magazine/site with many lead sheets, and a few transcriptions (to include TAB)
    b) A magazine/site with many transcriptions (to include TAB), and a few lead sheets
    c) I don't care about either. I have super awesome ears and do everything myself.

A

8. What types of lessons (general knowledge, music theory, technique) would MOST interest you.

Theory

Trombone, dabble in keys and drums

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Youre welcome

7. RosieB

RosieB

Feb 10, 2009
    Daily
    As needed
    Google
    Just stores mainly
    Buy 2x year, visit 2x month
    ?
    B
    Theory
    One
    Yes, lots

I did my final web project on donuts. Lots of info you wouldn't normally think of and lots of pics. Had to "research" many varieties of my subject, too. Good luck on yours! (cutting it close...)

8. 1. How frequently do you access the global Internet?
    Everyday

As needed, on average 2 times a week.
    Google.

Musicians Friend (if you want to call it a magazine...)

TB is Daily. Musicians Friend is about 4 times a month.
    Music Theory

Tied between Music Theory and Technique

Two

Violin

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ

Constantly, every day.

Not much. 1x week maybe.

Google

None really. Just kind of websurf about when I'm interested in something specific to music.

1x/week maybe.

Don't know really, I don't really read much in that area.

C :)

Theory.

yes, guitar

10. 1. How frequently do you access the global Internet?
    Everyday, many times each day.

Around 2-5 times a week.

Google

Ozbass forum, Metal 'n' S**t, Ultimate guitar (If I'm looking for tabs) and Youtube.

At least once an hour when I have access to the internet.

Interviews with well known bassists based around what gear they use.

A, just so people might stop playing simple songs wrong.

Technique and theory.

I also play the cello, which I started playing prior to bass.

11. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    Thanks for the help!

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    See answers above.

-Mike

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021