a little help with the GK 800RB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by taviswardlaw, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

Firstly I must confess my ignorance when it comes to GK amps, I've only ever used one once (and that was a couple of years ago) so I don't know too much about them. But I'm playing a festival in the middle of town in a little over a week and the gear on stage (which we've been instructed to use) is a GK 800RB and a Trace Elliot 4X10. Just wondering if there's any secrets to cranking killer tone out of the GK's or if they're relatively straight forward units.

Thanks guys. - (i'll have about three minutes to get 'my sound' while I'm on stage).
  2. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Pretty easy to use. Set all the EQ at flat, turn off the mid scoop button and tweak till you're happy. That should be a nice sounding rig.
  3. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    What he said. My 800rb always sounds full and loud. Make sure the boost is on. It will give you a nice tube feel when you play hard. Also don't be afraid to crank both volumes all the way up.
  4. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yeah, crank the input volume and boost and set your volume with the master volume. I don't know what bass you're using but if it's a good one it'll be easy to get a good sound.

I've had to do the same thing often-3 minutes to get a sound and play. With the GK it's not a problem.
  5. mmm.. thanks heaps guys, big help. That'll really save me a bit of worry! :D
  6. THB_bassman

Oct 11, 2005
    Start with the EQ flat (12 o'clock) Set your input (volume knob) to between 10-12 o'clock. Set your boost to 12 o'clock, all voicing filters out. then EQ till you're happy. Master volume sets the volume. Won't take long. Enjoy.