Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A little help with this bartolini preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ssaikume, Oct 18, 2004.

1. ssaikume

ssaikume

Feb 10, 2004
    Basque country
    Hi, it´s my first post here, but a read it constantly, it´s very helpfull ;)

I´m from basque country, sorry for my s***ing english :D

Well, few time ago i buy a set of bartolini preamp/pickup in ebay, it was extracted from a roscoe.

I buy it for my first project, would you like to see it? :bag:

When answer another time i will put it.

Ok..... the preamp is a NSTBM18, in the bartolini page it´s not shows this preamp (will be custom?), the nearest preamp i have seen to mine is this.

http://www.bartolini.net/instructions/electronics/ntmb/ns2tmb18.htm

My preamp doesn´t has the mid-miniswitch, only bass/treble, mid, blend and volume.

I would like to put two miniswitch to make it active/pasive, and the other to put the pickups single/paralell/single.

Someone can help me? :help:

Thanks

(Mod edit: This is better suited to "Pickups" than "Luthiery")

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

No response yet so here's my input - which is not worth much. I've wired preamps in the past but don't use them any more so it would probably take me as long to figure it out as you. Plus doing it drives me nuts.

But the switching your requesting would be the same for any preamp. You'll just have to figure out which wires to use off the Bart. There are active/passive switches on other Bart preamps - so just use one of those and compare the wiring of the two to figure the ones you need.

There are plenty of parallel wiring diagrams available online - even on the Bart site. The same with pup select switching - probably guitarelectronics.com or do a search here in TB for wiring sites - cause they've all been listed in the past - and I'd bet there's a diagrams in the TB archive that would be helpful.

You can't damage anything through the wiring of the preamp as long you keep the volume low on the amp when you test it.

------------------------

Now I know there has got to be some Baskards on TB out there that could spit this out like their own name.