1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A little help with this

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Andrew_S., Jan 31, 2002.

1. Andrew_S.

Andrew_S.

Jul 24, 2001
    Flagstaff, AZ
  2. Ultra rare? Maybe. A friend gave me one of these a few years back and I tried it out on a whim. Tried mounting it under the tailpiece, and with a post under the bridge. Both ways, it sounded lousy. I mean really bad.

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I played a bit at a friend's house on a crappy old Juzek through a Fender Twin with one of these pickups and was impressed. It was mounted from the tailpiece. I bellieve that it's microphone technology, and therefore would probably be a little prone to feedback. I've actually been thinking of grabbing one of these myself, although I wouldn't like anything laying on the front of my bass and haven't pursued it too much jsut because of that.

Plus, being a Toledo boy, I might have a soft spot for things Toledo, which D'Armond was...

4. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I haven't personally tried it, but a friend of mine has one and he claims it's a hunk of junk.