1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A little help with time "The Cure"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by GreggBummer, Mar 20, 2009.

1. The song in question is The Cure "Just Like Heaven"

I am looking for sheet music for it, but can't seem to find it. I don't want a TAB.

I need help with the time on the song... is it 5/4 or 7/8? Does it change? The opening drum/bass part in the intro is giving me a hard time. I am not sure which beat I am supposed to start on... it is driving me nuts.

Any help?

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I believe it's in 4/4. You can buy it here for $3.99. I don't know of any place that has the sheet music for free.

3. gdthomas

gdthomas

Oct 26, 2007
    Smyrna, Ga
    Bass line has pretty much the same feel throughout the entire song, the big thing is to make it "bounce" and not be too stiff with it. If you can play the verse you can play intro....

4. Vanceman

Vanceman

Feb 14, 2007
    So. Cal.
    I play that in our band. It was explained to me that the drums come in on the 'and' of 4, and the bass on 2, with a quarter note, and a dotted quarter for the intro. That should get you into the pattern in the second measure.

I swear, it took the me and the drummer 20 times to get it right, and every now and then I ask to rehearse that intro 10 times in a row.

5. Just got back from rehearsal... we nailed it tonight. It is such a simple song... but the intro rally kicked me in the pants.

Thanks for the advice.