1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Little Rant Of Mine.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CBgaragebassist, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Got the November Rolling Stone today and it annoyed the crap out of me. I went throught the whole thing in 5 minutes because i found nothing really worth while to me. Also, the biggest chunk of this mag,(which is kinda pathetically thin) is something about politics. Politics taking the most space in what's supposed to be in a music magazine! And half the music isn't good, it's just trendy bull****. And in the October issue, in an article aout a duet album some guy and Scarlett Johansson, there was more about the clothes they were wearing than the actual album! Nobody cares what these ****ing hipsters are wearing!:spit:

I know i'm not the first to complain about rolling stone, but i had to get that out.:D

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Rolling Stone has sucked for years, maybe more than a decade.

3. i'm just getting it now because it was free and i'm fully understanding how stupid it is.

4. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    I agree but... the best part of Rolling Stone (for me anyways) are the political articles by Matt Tiabbi. Yeah... I know... but that's just the way it has turned out to be. :)

5. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Best part of it for me is the covers.

I recognize their layouts and intricate and beautiful pictures and distinctive logo, which allows me to walk right past it.

6. Rolling Stone
    Wanna see my picture on the cover
    Stone
    Wanna buy five copies for my mother
    Stone
    Wanna see my smilin' face
    On the cover of the Rolling Stone

7. Dr. Hook would be so disappointed now. :p

8. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    I am disappointed.

9. Socalef9

Socalef9

May 16, 2009
    same here, never bought it, or really even picked it up for that matter, but now i got my first free issue and it sucks giant donkey balls

10. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Sounds like a candy.

11. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'll go you one further than that. I wish people in entertainment would stay out of politics alltogether. Who cares what an actress or singer thinks about anything but acting or singing? And when did they become an expert on anything? But I agree with the OP. RS has sucked for years.

12. Yvarg

Yvarg Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    +100!

13. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Donkey balls.

That is all.

14. Disagree. They're entitled to their opinion, and they know as much as the nutball radio commentators who blather on for hours. Some celebs are airheads, but others work very hard on causes and issues they care about and become experts on those topics.

15. Rolling Stone is an advertisement flyer you pay for. That is what it was faited to become. Get over yourself.

16. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Donkey balls.

THAT IS ALL.

17. +1
    Agreed here, too (though some of the nutball radio commentators fit this description, as well).

Everyone is going to have an opinion and those with a pulpit from which to voice it will usually do so. The key is realizing that sometimes the more informed people on a subject aren't saying what we want to hear. They might be an actor OR a "nutball radio commentator", but dismissing them because of that is pretty dumb.

Mike

18. i found the cliplet about the drummer from fleet foxes alright,but the muse artical was really boring