Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a little slap part i wrote. tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Red701, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Red701

Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    i put this peice together after listeneing to "superstition" by stevie wonder so it sounds alot like that but its not exact. when i slapnpop, i only slap on the E string cause i cant on the other 3 so i pop on all of those. and for this part, i generally dont use my middle finger to pop, i use my ring finger instead. it just seems more natural. the first measure is just an intro and is only played once but from then on you repeat untill you wanna stop.listen to "superstition" for the exact beat. its kinda sloppy cause i didnt use any software to write it. here it is:

Gl---------l----------------l-----------------l-------------l
    Dl---------lo----------3----l---------------3-l-----------ol
    Al-0h3-4-5lo---5-3-5----5--l--------5-4-5----l--0h3-5---ol
    El---------l-3--------------l---0h3-----------l------------l

2. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    we cant really judge it by tab, u should record it and show us in the recordings section, or i could just listen to superstition to find out what it sounds like lol, what do u mean software to write it?

if u cant slap the other strings, practice slapping on them instead of popping them, u can get much better tone slapping the A string and D string rarther than popping them, if u cant do something dont just give up on it coz u cant do it, werk at it

3. Red701

Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    id record it but i dont think i have any equipment or software to do it with. im a vey low budget bass player =P. and by low budget, i mean im pretty much stuck with what ive got now. and about the slapping, its not so much that i cant do it, as much as i always hit more then one string when its not the E string. which is ok if i mute the other strings but that hinders my versatility. any technique suggestions to help with that?

4. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    yeah i'm a pretty low budget bass player aswell lol, but i dont really need anyting to fancie or anything yet coz i'm not in a band anymore so i'm just spending time on learning theory n stuff, then ill go looking for anothe rband and get saving for new equipment

hmm, i dunno, i used to pop the A string, but i never liked the sound i was gettin, so basicly when ever i played a slap song i new where i popped the A string i would just practice slapping it instead, then i got louis johnsons slap bass lesson video volume one, and i started to slap the D string aswell, but i pop and slap the D, it just depends on what i'm playing, i deffinitly recomend that video, but i dont no how i can tell u anything else about it in writing, sorry