A little story about Bass Central

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirk, Nov 9, 2002.

1. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    A while ago, I ordered a Musicman Sterling from Bass Central. I put down a 200$ deposit and intended to pay it off in January with my refund check from college. After a little deliberation I changed my mind about the Sterling. I decided two things. A)I need a five string, and B)I don't need to spend quite that much on a bass. I decided I would go for the MTD Heir, but the problem was I didn't want to lose my deposit on the Musicman. I dropped them an e-mail, and told them my situation. Beaver and the guys over at BC were more than willing to work it out. They cancelled my order, credited the 200 dollars to my account and gave me a fantastic quote on the MTD Heir 5 I plan to purchase mid-January. I was so impressed with this because I didn't lose my deposit. Another thing, I've never actually bought anything from Bass Central before. I'm actually just a potential customer and their service was top-notch. I'm in no way affiliated with Bass Central, I'm just a happy customer. I can't wait until I can get my Heir in January.

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Come on!! we all know this is really Gard under a fictitious name!!!!:D
    seriously- thats is great- good to hear, coming form the mouth of a friendly competitior- im sure they will appreciate this- i know i really do when i get positive feedback on my biz- congrats and kudos to BC for taking care of biz--- Adrian Garcia - www.access-bass.com
  3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I recently made a deal with Beaver to buy a new Stingray 5. He quoted me a great price and terms. Gard was involved later on with working through some computer trouble that was fouling up the credit card payments. Both Beaver and Gard went way out of their way to help me. I was on the phone talking to Gard and Beaver called me to make sure everything was cool!

I also have no interest in Bass Central except as a very satisfied customer. Great store, great service and great deals. I only wish I lived close to the store!

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hell yeah!

bass central kicks j-lo sized butt!

i usually screw up BIG TIME whenever i go, and they didn't even ban me!

EDIT(JT): c'mon, language, huh?
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

My impression of Brad.

6. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    Agreed. Bass Central rocks. Gard, I played that D115XLT last night I recently bought from you with the D210XLT and WT400+. Awesome power and tone.

I played the Elbow Room in the City and only had my master volume up to about 10:00. The sound guy just had an AKGD112 and had the fader on the board up just a tad.

That along with my Sonus Custom, and I had rich bass, but superb clarity. So nice to be able to plug into an amp, run everything flat, no compressors, and just play and get the tone that you want.

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I bought a Spector from Beaver on a whim about 4 years ago. This started a very sick cycle of me spending way too much $ at BC. Everytime I call, I get full attention from whoever picks up the phone. After about 8 basses, many effects and strings, amps and cabs, I'm always ready to recommend the store. Rock on BC!!!!!!!:D

P.S.- rumor is that I'm their "best customer" HaHa!
  8. I have never bought anything from these guys but I have called a couple of times to ask a question about one of their basses. They were very friendly and went out of their way to answer my questions.

Thats the kind of treatment that gets people to spend money.

I have to say the same about Adrian. He has been very helpful with me in the past and one day it will pay off.
  9. I guess I'll spread the word --

Spector NS2000/5 for ONLY $500

Check it out man..great deal! At bass central, of course.
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Great story, Dirk, but honestly, its not surprising.

only cause, they shouldnt have to worry about losing silly deposits and whatnot, after receiving the amount of money i've spent at their shop...

:rolleyes: :D
  11. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    The guys who work at Bass Central (we can include Gard in that, but I have my doubts about how hard he works) are all wonderful guys... I've never had a problem when I have called 'em. In fact, i am waiting patiently for the Gard-ed one to call me and let me know that my new bass is on it's way to me!

You have that address updated, right Gard? :D

12. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Bass-Central Customer service RULES!!!!
    Many Thanks to Beaver and Gard.....
    .....a great topic about Beaver's great service is coming soon.......look at the amp forum in the next days....
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
  14. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    They're good!

I bought a MM Stingray-4 from them 2 years ago.

I've kicked a few of their tires, no problems.

They're good!
  15. shakeyeraz

Aug 25, 2002
    Not to be redundant - I've had the same expereinces with these guys as well. Regardless of whether I had purchased from them before I had always gotten 1-1 attention when I called. I did recently purchase an SWR amp at a very good price (thanks BC!) and received excellent service. The down side is of course that I want to buy more and more..... and they make it toooooo easy.....

Thanks guys!
  16. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

You can't say enough about Bass Central and the guys who work there. I was in Orlando at a convention, had an afternoon off and went there. Wow what a store!!! Everything top of the line! The guys who work there treated me really nicely. I'm a hack, but I was treated like I was Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten or Tony Levin. There was no pressure to buy, and I was able to play many high end basses with no hastle. Three months later, when it came time for a bass cab I needed, Mark helped me pick out the right one for my budget. I couldn't be happier. They help without the pushy sales tactics. I can't wait to buy more stuff from these guys. They've got me hooked. It's a good thing I'm busy at work and that it's a two hour drive for me or I'd be broke and divorced (maybe that's not half bad).
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Wow....I'm all verklempt!

First off, props to Adrian - he's first rate!

Next a nod to my St. Lucie County buds, Brendan the Ominous, Brad "BZZZzzzt-POP!", and...hey, izzat you Dr. Bob? :D Heck, we otta have a TB get-together down there! ...naw, we'll have one up here, more fun, more toys!!! :D (Seriously - start planning for Feburary, just post-NAMM! New toys and TBer's on a Sunday! :eek: )

pm - yeah, I did, the address is here in Orlando, right? ;)

Bikeplate/Rob - It's not a rumor: You ARE constantly referred to as "BC's best customer" for good reason. Y'all, he's got the scary collection! I want your USA Bolt-On Spector...that thing is incredible!

...sheesh...can't answer each one, not enough hours in the day! Thanks for the kind words everyone! We appreciate it greatly - if it weren't for y'all calling us or stopping in, we wouldn't be here!
  18. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Got to agree! I ordered a Demeter VTBP-102S a few weeks ago from Gard. Later that night I got to reading some TB threads and a Bass Player Mag review and called BC the next morning to change the order to a Demeter HBP-1. Beaver handled the call that morning and said that it would be no problem and passed the message to Gard who called back ASAP. The initial order had already gone out so Gard arranged for a return with UPS and sent out the HBP-1 that day. No one at BC complained or said "make up your mind dummy!". They just wanted me to be a satisfied customer. Hey, and that kind of service pays off! I ordered an alembic F1-X this week from Gard! Keep up the great work! Good service does matter!:)
  19. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    All I wish for this holiday season is for more time to spend over there, and more money to spend over there!

My only criticism is the lack of piped in Beatles songs to play along with. Next time I will bring my own background music. But hey, these guys are working the phones hard!:)

While I was there Beaver and Gard were closing a deal with a customer calling from Ireland.
  20. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    My Bass Central story gets a little more complicated.

My SR5 arrived and was a wonderful bass in every respect except it weighed over 11 pounds. When I talked to Beaver and Gard while ordering the bass I failed to mention that I cannot handle heavy basses due to my back acting up. I called Beaver and he said to send it back and they will weigh the basses they have in stock and send me one that is lighter in weight.

Thanks again to Bass Central.