Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A long shot

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by page, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Alright, my current musical goal is to have a band that is a mix of Miles Davis/Velvet Underground and or Lou Reed/Pelican/ Tom Waits/Kyuss , Clutch , or SoundGarden.

If you know of anything that fits in those holes then suggest or die!

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Devastin' Dave has got your medicine.

[​IMG]

3. Adam, do you know anything like Pelican that has vocals? I know about Isis, so hows about Something with better vocals, I love Isis but always ignore the singing ya know it kinda sucks! Pelican though.......is ****ing tops.

Hows about instead of a combination of all of those bands , someone suggest something that is maybe like a combination of two or such............just please , i am a new music junkie and I need a fix....... :D

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I have no idea what that guys says on any Isis song.

Maudlin of the Well. Good luck finding it, way out of print. I found a place that has one of their albums, I'll pm that link to you.

Kayo Dot would be an easier to find example. Both are more in the vein of GSY!BE than Pelican though.

Maybe, Mouth of the Architect. I'm not sure if they are instrumental though.