1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A looping newb question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ric426, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Most of the looping examples I've seen/heard are essentially a single progression or groove looped and added to, rather than having verse/chorus/bridge sections and switching between them. From what I understand, that requires a unit capable of multiple loops that can be synced and the most popular ones capable of that are the Looperlative, digital Echoplex and Boss RC-50. Are there any others?
    At this point, the only one of those three I could possible afford would be the RC-50. Assuming I was building songs based on two or three different loops/phrases, does the switching between the three phrases have to be done manually or can it be programmed?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    In order for it to be programmed you're looking at a sequencer (triggering recorded loops as in Ableton Live, or triggering samples of bass sounds via MIDI). You could do it manually (and possibly a lot cheaper) by using individual loop pedals for each section- the big challenge being triggering them in sync. A flourish or fermata might cover up the transition.