A lot of fret rattle on the 2nd string!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tormentamental, Jun 17, 2005.

1. tormentamental

Jun 17, 2005
    I´m getting a lot of fret rattle ONLY in the 2nd string and ONLY at the 3rd to 7th frets.

It´s a Jazz Bass, the strings are as high as I can play with them (too high, in fact) and all even at height. I´ve also loosened the truss rod a bit to set more relief on the neck, but that didn´t fix it.

Please help me! What do you suggest? :bawl:
  2. bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm guessing you need to do a little truss rod adjustment to make the neck MORE bowed... That would mean tightening the truss rod if i remember correctly... Once you do this, you can set the action a little lower...

If that doesn't work, you can also try fixing your playing style... Raise your pickups to increase its signal to the amp...
    As we all know, when we drop our pickups, we loose a lot of gain right away. When you crank the pickup UP, you can now play softer and get the same sound...

With softer playing comes less or no fret buzz.. Once the right hand attack gets harder, buzzing will occur.