Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A lot of things...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by slowride, Jun 12, 2003.

1. slowride

slowride

Jun 10, 2003
    Wheaton, IL
    First of all, I wanted to thank whoever recommended the Gary Willis site in a previous post. Very useful info there, especially for a novice like me. I have yet to receive my bass from Rondo, but I have previous musical experience... played clarinet in school band, sang/played rhythm guitar in a high school garage band, and was in school choir. I haven't played for a while, but I recently bought an old Silvertone tube amp for my dad and that inspired me to start playing something again... bass this time.

I have a (I think) sorta setup related question...I have an old instrument that has a output jack problem, where you have to play with it constantly to get it to work correctly. Should I just replace the whole jack, or is it some kind of loose connection? It's on a hollow body, and it's just kind of a screw mount in a plastic plate.

Thanks in advance, and I hope this is in the right place...

2. slowride

slowride

Jun 10, 2003
    Wheaton, IL
    Thanks!

I can operate a soldering iron. However, I noticed that the jack was kinda green on the inside (oxidization? It's been sitting around for a long time) so I'll try some electrical contact cleaner first.