1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A lot of things...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by slowride, Jun 12, 2003.

1. slowride

slowride

Jun 10, 2003
    Wheaton, IL
    First of all, I wanted to thank whoever recommended the Gary Willis site in a previous post. Very useful info there, especially for a novice like me. I have yet to receive my bass from Rondo, but I have previous musical experience... played clarinet in school band, sang/played rhythm guitar in a high school garage band, and was in school choir. I haven't played for a while, but I recently bought an old Silvertone tube amp for my dad and that inspired me to start playing something again... bass this time.

I have a (I think) sorta setup related question...I have an old instrument that has a output jack problem, where you have to play with it constantly to get it to work correctly. Should I just replace the whole jack, or is it some kind of loose connection? It's on a hollow body, and it's just kind of a screw mount in a plastic plate.

Thanks in advance, and I hope this is in the right place...

2. slowride

slowride

Jun 10, 2003
    Wheaton, IL
    Thanks!

I can operate a soldering iron. However, I noticed that the jack was kinda green on the inside (oxidization? It's been sitting around for a long time) so I'll try some electrical contact cleaner first.