1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A loud, sturdy metronome

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by thedbassist, Mar 29, 2009.

1. thedbassist

thedbassist

Sep 10, 2006
    So I'm looking for a loud, dependable(and hopefully long lasting) metronome, does anybody have any suggestions? My teacher has an old Dr. Beat but I'm not sure if the newer models are as loud so I'd thought I'd try and get a well rounded opinion. Thanks for your suggestions and happy bass playing.

2. fovea1959

fovea1959

Feb 10, 2009
    Midwest
    my son has had two of the "flying saucer" Yamaha QT-1 metronomes (first one got lost, not broken). loudest darn things I've ever heard, I can use them when (quietly) practicing drums. Reviews online indicate that "loud" is pretty common with these...

they are selling QT-1B now instead of QT-1, hope they didn't quiet them down...

3. altruego

altruego

Jun 6, 2008
    Oregon, USA
    My Boss DB-90 Dr. Beat is very loud. It can go through batteries but I love it. The coolest feature is that it has an accent tone that only hits on beat 1. Most metronomes go down to only 30 - 40 beats per minute. With this feature I set it to click only on the 1 of every 4 bars. Really great for working on developing my internal metronome.

4. dar512

dar512

Mar 25, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Just a thought if it works for you. Some metronomes have a 1/8" stereo out jack. I use the Sabine 9000 and plug it into computer speakers. I already had the computer speakers, so it was a low-cost option for me. The Sabine 9000 is ~$20.

Just checked. Amazon has it for $16.48.