1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD A.M.P. BH420 bass head - needs repair

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by no-logic, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD I have a Amplified Music Products BH420 head that needs some attention. After playing it for 20-30 minutes and it warms up the signal drops to about half volume and is distorted. Once is cools down it is fine again. It is not overheating. I am not an amp tech and don't want to screw with getting it fixed. These amps are the predesessor to the Thunderfunk amps and they were built in the 80's. They even look very similar. It is 400 watts @ 4 ohms. The chassis is somewhat scratced up and some of the knobs are not original but when it worked right there were no scratchy pots or any other issues. Again I have no idea what is wrong with this amp so it is sold as is. They go for $350 in working condition so I'd like to get $200 shipped to lower 48 only. No trades please.

AMPamp.

2. Bump

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    This could be very sweet... Just send it to Dave Funk to repair....

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

True but cost of repair would be unknown until Dave had a look and then you also have to pay shipping both ways. This is probavbly a GREAT deal for somebody who does amp repair themselves. As I recall, there some TBers here that do this stuff. Bump!!!!!!!!

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I had mentioned that in his thread on HCBF (my BH-250 was to Dave for repair before I bought it).

I wish my budget wasn't tapped for the next 10 weeks... I would have snagged when I first saw it listed here :meh:

6. James did mention Dave Funk. But I honestly don't want to screw around with it. I paid $350 for it here on TB a few months ago and if I get it repaired then I will have even more into it. So either way I'll be taking a bath. If I sell it as is I save the hassle and just cut my loses. If someone has a knack for this kind of thing they can come out pretty good. I just want to move it. It is a great amp though.

7. Bump....price now includes shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.