1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD A Manly Beast called the Lakland 44-51 Skyline

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hans Gruber, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Just picked this up here and while I love everything about it, there's only one issue for me and it's the weight.

Now granted, I'm wussier than the average 30 year old, but I've come to accept that. Arg, because this was going to be my main bass. I thought of routing it, etc, but I'll just be on the hunt for another 44-51 that's lighter.

10.05 lbs, or .08 oz according to Google. 4.56 kilograms for those outside of the US, which I will not ship to anyway. The weight is fine for most people, though, unless you're a diva like me.

Neck is slightly beefier than a Joe Osborne, but rounder and narrower than the Glaubs. Ash/Maple can't lose, nor can that wicked pickup. Action is spot on, too. One word to describe this bass is "manly", which apparently I'm not.

$700 + shipping. Comes with cute tweed hardshell case.

Here's a clip of another guy playing it, and yes, with flats it really does get that sound. Sounds great with rounds, too.

2. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Tasty. Trade bait?

3. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    A lighter 44-51 ;)

Looking to find a good P-Bass generally speaking, but shoot me whatever. I'm pretty nice when I'm in a good mood.

4. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Haha. Check the sale in my Sig. As you can see, I'm also looking for a good p-bass. Must be the time of year ;)

5. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I do love the way these look. Nice price, too . They have slab bodies, correct?

6. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yes, slab bodies. Takes a little getting used to, but I actually love the feel.

7. punkrockdave

punkrockdave Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2004
    why is this still here? This is a killer deal on a killer bass! Stand up guy as well.

8. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Don't patronize me Punk Rock Dave ;)

Er, THANKS!

9. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Tried this in loud rehearsal again. Dang, it really kills! And that tone control has a lot of great shades, too.

10. Slab body with tummy cut, like Sting '51, correct. ?

11. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    No, all slab, no tummy cut. Sting's is a 54. This one is like a 51 + split coil. A really strong one at that.

12. Oh man, do I want it. You say you're interested in P-basses, right? How do you feel about the Fender Mark Hoppus (MIM)? I've got one that I'd love to trade you!

Failing that, I can offer you $650 + shipping paypal'd today. Let me know via PM or posting here. :)

edit: forgot to mention I'd pay shipping

13. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hey, I know you're new to TB, but generally speaking, I think we'd prefer to have any bargaining through PM.

All that to say, I do have a few local buyers lined up.

14. Aw man, I'm sorry! Still though, beautiful instrument, hope you find a buyer - let me know if your local deals don't work out. :)

15. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
  16. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The beast is gone...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.