1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A Message to TalkBass...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by organworthyplayer337, Jan 17, 2016.

1. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    As you all know; we live in a Guitar Centered world. It's so guitar centered that we have to buy our Bass Strings Online.

And to make it as a bassist, you need to have courage. Courage is a Musicians Friend. You need to step out and be heard. All while holding it down. It's hard?

It's starts when we're young. Making Music easy as 123. Then we get Elderly leaving a lot of great music and our Best Bass Gear behind us for others to enjoy, though many continue on. No matter what, we celebrate. Because we made a difference. Our beautiful low-end rezZounds through the world. It's us.

So let us drink the Sweetwater of being bass players for we make the world AND Music Go Round!

It's hard.
    It's us.
    Huzzah!

Reverb.

meteor, sissy kathy, NigelD and 8 others like this.
  2. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    I switched to bass forty some years ago because there seemed to be a lot of guitar players and no bass players. Guess what, it is still true, I have a lot of friends who want me to play with them because there are very few bass players, fewer good ones. Use this to your advantage.

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  3. Just call me Sam Ash! I think you've got it.

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Those of us who inhabit the Lowend appreciate your message. I consider myself a Music Man, and I have an extensive Bass Collection. I even have an Acoustic. Yes, it is a wonderful world we live in.

NigelD and organworthyplayer337 like this.
  5. JiJ

JiJ

Aug 19, 2014
    Loughborough, UK
    Squier :wacky:

6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    BTW, I like pi too. My favorite is blueberry.

7. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    It's a music zoo out there!

8. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    If you are hunting for a new Rickenbacker, you might try your luck in the Wildwood!

9. Now my brain hurts. :***:

10. bassinflorida

bassinflorida turn that dang thing down

Jan 27, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Don't forget the "Raspberry Pi".

11. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    That post was too Long; I had to McQuade through it. It was a GAK-ing Musicmesse!

zontar likes this.
  12. mikefromchurch

mikefromchurch

Jan 23, 2014
    At least the importance of the low end has spurred a decent industry for new Sound Gear. Things that enable us to play everything from metal to Jazz with Precision and skill.

13. jknoxdmd

jknoxdmd

Nov 9, 2008
    St. Louis area
    Rhubarb please ))

14. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I was literally finishing off a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie when I saw this. Talk about kismet.

15. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I was trying to figure out a way to work them in--I had the Long part--but the McQuade part you did better than I would have.

DirtDog likes this.
  16. I am a little Peaveyed at myself for not having any puns to add.

zontar likes this.
  17. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Gwine to run all night
    Gwine to run all day
    Bet my money on da bobtail nag.
    Somebody bid on eBay